Music Sweet Music

I've blabbed on before about music, but I'm in the mood again. I love it. And sometimes, it's the absolute simplicity of a lyric that makes it sheer genius. Remember the line I quoted from Steven Stills?
Nobody's right, if everybody's wrong.
Simple. Genius. Of course, it doesn't have to be a great song to have a genius lyric. Case and point:
You make me come.
You make me complete.
You make me completely miserable. --Lit (while relationship is not what I take away from the song in its entirety, those lines sure make great relationship read)
Sometimes it is a great song:
Remember when you procrastinate you choose last. -- Incubus (rare to find anything simple in their lyrics!)

>>>>

~ * ~ * ! * ~ * ~ !

Oh sorry, lost me for a minute. I was picturing Brandon ^ in a feathered naval hat. Ahem. Lyrics. Simple. Genius. Right. Is it hot in here?

A band full of gems:
Life's a journey, not a destination. -- Aerosmith
Why yes, yes I could go on forever.
Here's an excellent question; I know many a girl who should have pondered this one at one time or another:
You say he's a liar and he put out your fire
How come you still got his gun in your hand? -- Eagles
Maybe the best relationship advice of all time:
Sometimes to keep it together, we got to leave it alone. -- Eagles (I could pull a line from almost all of their songs!)
Here's a man who doesn't lie:
I don't want you to be true
I just wanna make love to you -- Muddy Waters
Is there any other way to end this other than the most simplyrific awesomest genius lyrics ever?
Imagine all the people, living for today
Imagine all the people, living life in peace
Imagine all the people, sharing all the world -- John Lennon

Comments

Aven said…
My new favorite lyric/phrase is from The Avett Brothers song "Head full of doubt"
...Decide what to be, and go be it...
Tara said…
Love the lyric! I had to Youtube them, I like 'em. Very Neil Youngish. Which reminds me of another incredibly simple genius line:
And we never failed to fail. It was the easiest thing to do. Crosby, Stills & Nash