Happy Friday

Happy Friday everyone. A few contests I've been meaning to get on here:

Lindsey at Dangerous With a Pen is celebrating 100 followers.

Abby Annis (whose blog is incredibly beautiful) is celebrating the same mark. And, I'm very late--Abby's ends tonight!

So is Kristi at Random Acts of Writing (well sorta--101 celebration for her).

Same with Guinevere at This Is Not My Day Job.

Noelle Nolan is celebrating 150!

Wow. Happy hundred+ ladies.

Roni at Fiction Groupie is offering up crits. Extra! Extra! Get your free crit (instructions) here.

If I've missed anybody, feel free to yell at me in comments and I will edit to add your link as well :)

Since it's Friday, I'm posting a snip. This is from Book 2[untitled] of Roulette. I just have an outline and some very basic scenes written. And, while this book definitely goes with the first, it's completely stand alone as set up. It's also much less romance and a whole lot more suspense.

Here Kasia is rescuing the abused girlfriend (seen here only as N) of a Russian trafficker she's been trying to take down. The girl isn't as cooperative as she could be, but she has a couple good reasons. Kasia does her best to take it in stride and understand.

As usual, I've removed sentences due to spoilers and unneccesary (for the blog) fillers. This is the first draft, I did it for a monthly SOC exercise at the website I frequent.


*snip removed by blog owner*

Comments

Julie said…
Wow this is intense! I love the internal conflict combined with her obvious powers or super intelligence or what ever it is. Great job!
Christine Danek said…
Wow! You kept my attention. Great Job! I want to read more:)
Shelley Sly said…
I really enjoyed this. As Julie said, it's intense. I'm very curious to find out what happens next. Well done!
Tara said…
Julie, I guess you're seeing her intelligence, it's very high (this isn't a paranormal). Wow, makes me feel good you noticed that here - it means I've kept Kasia's voice.

Thanks, Christine, this came from a very long scene. Good to know it worked alone.

Shelley - it's great that the intensity is there, that was the focus of this scene.
Jemi Fraser said…
Thanks for the links - great story :)
Hannah said…
That was great! Thanks for sharing!!
Kristi Faith said…
Thanks for linking to my contest! :) I appreciate the word of mouth :0)

Great excerpt, thank you for sharing.
Dawn Simon said…
Wow! Action packed!

I have something for you at my blog. I hope you have fun with it--I did. :)