The Ugly Truth

Ah. What a morning, what a morning. Not much blogging time will be had today. Sad face. I've already been running around town. In the snow and ice. Woot.

A school delay is usually cause for celebration in this household. Mostly because I don't have to drag my butt out of bed before 8 (my butt is not pretty before 8). And, if the morning is happy for mom, the morning is happy for everyone.

This morning, however, the delay was not a happy occasion. I had to have hubby to outpatient surgery by 8:30 - 40 minutes away, in rush hour traffic. With 2 tired kids in tow. (Usually, said tired kids get themselves together and ready and Mom lays in bed till the last possible moment (read: 8) before trudging downstairs and tossing kids in the Jeep to go to school--yeah, still in my jammies. Do I have to remind you all about 8 again? Thought not.) Then I had to make it back home to pack lunches, get things together for school and drop them off. I'm just waiting on the call to pick up hubby (fingers crossed that doesn't cooincide with picking up kids from school).

In the meantime, I figured I'd post my truth/lies. I also received another award yesterday (which I'm super glad about since I forgot a few people I had meant to include in the hand-out!). But, it will have to be saved for another post.

Creative Writing Truths:


1) For a supposed high-risk pregnancy (twins), mine was smooth sailing all the way - not even a day of morning sickness. Lie. I had the twin pregnancy from hell. No really, if it could go wrong, it did. Never. Doing. That. Again. (Good thing I had one of each.)

2) I hate Disneyworld. It's overrated, expensive and somewhere I avoid going at all costs. Lie. I love Disney World (so you think I would have caught my typo, but apparently not). I grew up about 2 hours away from it, had season passes, and I've been there well over a hundred times.

3) I'm a terrible driver, way too nervous behind the wheel and drive like a grandma. Well, step-dad and mom raced Porsches. And step-dad was a professional race driving instructor. I can drive, ya'll. Though my friends would tell you I'm a terrible driver--of the back seat sort. Gah.

4) I once stopped a fight between rock frontman Marilyn Manson and another guy - over a tube of lipstick. Ding. Ding. Ding. I [very] casually knew Brian (aka Marilyn), was friends with a girlfriend of his, and watched them woop-butt at the Battle of the Bands every single year they played - they were known as Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids back then. I'm positive he wouldn't remember me, but fwiw, he was a nice guy, very intelligent and way ahead of his time/age.  Once, while with a male friend, we ran into Brian and he asked friend if he could borrow some lipstick (at this point in his life, think Robert Smith of The Cure--he looked a lot like that). My friend (who didn't wear make-up, lol) had some harsh words and I stepped in to calm things down. Situation resolved.

5) I speak multiple languages fluently, including Polish and Russian. Lie. Even though MC speaks both, I do not. I have the same background as MC (Polish and Russian), but only know basic Polish phrases--and foods. My neighbor is Polish and speaks almost all Slavic languages, so he translated for me. I made him lots of brownies.

6) I moved away from my hometown 5 years ago and I miss it so much I cry all the time over wanting to move back. Lie, mostly. We did move 5 years ago. But I am SO glad we got away from there. So. Glad. I blogged about it a couple weeks back. And, hey, now my seemingly odd reference  to "Brian" in that post makes sense, lol.

7) I once rode around in a golf cart with actor Tim Allen and we got all crazy and almost tipped it over. Lie. It was my hubby. He was on the Audi race team for many years and met all kinds of celebrities; I only met a handful in my younger track wandering years with parents. Celebrities love to race--or pretend they can race, in most cases. Not in Paul Newman or Jason Priestly's cases, though. They kicked booty on the track. Paul was awesome well beyond the normal scope of race driving years. And a really nice guy all around.

There you have it. My boring life as told in lies, lol.

Comments

Jemi Fraser said…
I was wrong. Again. I never seem to get these correctly! :) Fun stuff!
I love school delays. I'm sorry this one wasn't good for you. And I hope hubby is doing better.
Shelley Sly said…
Interesting truths/lies list. Never would have guessed the Marilyn Manson one was correct! That's awesome!
Unspoken said…
I wa slike how can someone hate Disneyworld? Ahhah! Love it.
Lola Sharp said…
I was right! I knew it was too specific and offbeat to be a lie.

Love it!

Hope your everything goes well with your husband's surgery.
Tara said…
Yea Lola! I thought everyone would figure it out since it was so out there.

SheWrites- really, I would be very suspicious of anyone who didn't like Disney World, lol.

I never get them right either, Jemi.

Thanks for the good wishes for hubby, he's doing well :)
Roxy said…
Ah, what a blog you have, Tara. I always enjoy tuning in though I don't usually comment due to my inability to think of something clever to say. I hope your hubby recovers quickly from the out-patient surgery and that you have a great weekend in spite of the snow. I posted an award for you on my blog.
Tara said…
Thanks so much for the kind words, Roxy! I have a very busy day today so I'll try to get over there later this afternoon :)