Awards and Contests

Nicole at One Significant Moment in Time is having a 100+ contest. Nicole is beyond sweet, and a wonderful cheerleader. If you haven't checked out her blog, I urge you to do so.

Sarah Jayne from Writing in the Wilderness is celebrating 50 followers. Sarah is another really great cheerleader. And a terrific writer, I love reading all the snips she posts.

AJ Frey is hosting some fun - a Keep it Going contest. Three entries will win prizes. I wanted to join in yesterday when there was only one post ahead of me, but I got busy. I will have to go read through and see if I can get to it today - I love doing these!

I've been hoarding awards over here *hangs head, shuffles feet*. I have three, and suppose now is the time I should figure out how to get them out of My Pictures and into here. Though, I admit, it's only because Dawn Simon has passed one along that requires actual work on my part, otherwise, they'd be lazily collecting dust in the files a while longer.

I received the first two from Anne at Piedmont Writer. She's going on hiatus and I'll miss her fun and informative blogs.

First up is this cute little kitty...

So sweet. I want to pass this one on to Jade Hears Voices, because not only is her blog great, but she always has great eye candy to go along with it ;) Also to Lindsey and Kristi, whose blogs I love, as well.





Next up, the one I was secretly hoping to get when I saw it on Anne's blog ;) I'm aching for spring, for all my beautiful bulbs to bloom, not to mention the readying of my garden. Mmm. Fresh veggies, even my kids are getting antsy for them. Besides, it looks to me like a coneflower, and oddly enough, those play a big role in a scene from my wip.






This one goes to Nicole, Shelley, Christine and Sarah Jayne. They are all so sunshineyish :)




It was difficult to pick people out for those awards! I truly love reading everyone's blogs and you are all so sweet and sunshineyish really.






Now for the hard one. I have to make up 6 lies and give out one truth. I'll do my best.






1) For a supposed high-risk pregnancy (twins), mine was smooth sailing all the way - not even a day of morning sickness.

2) I hate Disneyworld. It's overrated, expensive and somewhere I avoid going at all costs.

3) I'm a terrible driver, way too nervous behind the wheel and drive like a grandma.

4) I once stopped a fight between rock frontman Marilyn Manson and another guy - over a tube of lipstick.

5) I speak multiple languages fluently, including Polish and Russian.

6) I moved away from my hometown 5 years ago and I miss it so much I cry all the time over wanting to move back.

7) I once rode around in a golf cart with actor Tim Allen and we got all crazy and almost tipped it over.

This one goes to Falen and Hannah because I'm betting they can lie really well, er I mean, they are very creative writers. I'll reveal tomorrow....

Comments

Kristi Faith said…
Thank you so much for the award! And congrats, you deserve yours!

I'm going to go with #1 as your truth.
Unknown said…
Awww!! Thanks for the sweet words, for the awesome award, and for promoting my contest on your blog. You are the best!!!!!!

((hugs)) Nicole
Dawn Simon said…
I'm guessing #3 is true. Or maybe #5? I don't know! I look forward to finding out, though! :)

Congrats on the awards!
Jade said…
Thank you!! I've been hoarding awards too, but not on purpose. I just totally forget about it until someone gives me another one. Damn my crappy short term memory!!
Unspoken said…
Tara-Thanks you so much for your kind comments at my place. Glad to meet you :). Congrats on the awards!
Lola Sharp said…
I cant wait to see which one is true.

Great blog!
Sarah Ahiers said…
awesome! I've been secretly coveting this award...
I'll post about it next week
Shelley Sly said…
Congrats on your awards, and thanks so much for thinking of me! I'm glad you swung by my place to pick up yet another award. Looking forward to seeing which # on your list is true (I'm betting it's either #1 or #5)
Jemi Fraser said…
I've never been to Disney World & would love to go one day, but I can imagine it might drive some folks a little nutty :), so I'm going to guess that's the truth!

Congrats on the awards :)
Hannah said…
Ah, yeah!! Just you wait 'enry 'iggins! Thank you so much!!
Congratulations on your awards and thanks for posting about my contest. And thank you for giving me my award. :) It really is a beautiful one.
Tiffany Neal said…
Congrats on the awards and thanks for the info on the other contests! :)
dolorah said…
Cool links, thanks. I'm glad you got such sunny awards; and your creative facts are neat. Can't wait to see which is which.

..........dhole