More Awards

You guys are all so great, I'm thrilled to have found this little writing community! I've been hoarding once again, so here we go:


This one is from Office Girl. She is hilarious. If you haven't checked her out, you have to. Seriously!

Lola - with your dress cut down to there, this one's for you.






Another from Anne at Piedmont Writer- she is way too good to me. And, I adore her :) I have to list 10 misc. facts about myself.

1. I have 8 year old boy/girl twins. They are smart, amazing and the lights of my life.
2. Besides a writer, I've wanted to be a singer and an NHL hockey scout. I aim high, people. Of course, singer and scout seem easily attainable compared with being published!
3. I know a lot about cars. A. Lot. More than I ever thought I would, or wanted to, really.
4. I have the best friends in the world. Really, I've blogged about just how awesome they are.
5. Every May we travel to Pa to get together with a group of twin mom's I met online almost 8 years ago. We do an all-day picnic on Saturday and Sesame Place on Sunday. There are usually at least 15 different families, from at least 6 different states. This will be year 7. My family lives around Philly, so we make it our vacation to see them as well.
6. I have the best dog ever. She's a black lab and she understands every word we say to her, I swear. She's so well behaved that, if she's panting loudly after exercise we can tell her shhh and she holds her breath! Don't worry, we don't do it often - especially now that she's getting really old :( I have friends that come over who don't care for dogs and insist they are going to take her home with them.
7. I grew up in Boca Raton, FL and moved to NC about 5 years ago. I will never go back. I don't even have a desire to visit.
8. When we moved, my best friend since high school, her hubby/kids moved here, too. Her parents followed. All told, 15 friends/family members (and their families) have followed us here now!
9. I should be doing a read through on Roulette right now, but this post has taken a ridiculously long amount of time!
10. I found this very difficult. I'm just not that interesting.

Phew! This one is going to Office Girl at Tired but Writing. Can't wait to learn a little bit about her.


From Lola. L-O-L-A. Lola. She's probably going to disown me at this point, but I can't help but start singing every single time I see her around. She rocks, not much more to be said!

This gets passed on to 5 bloggers who "get me". I'm not sure anyone, including myself, gets me. But, I'll do my best.

Rules are simple:
Five Recipients.
Make up something (not too mean) about the people you give the award to.
Link to the people you give it to.
Link back to the original award post here.

1. Deniz, who got the idea for her current WiP from her cats, who tell her what to write while she's asleep. Or so she claims.
2. Aven, who will be soon visiting Scotland with the distinct intent of throwing herself against the Standing Stones in hopes of finding Lollybroch and Jamie.
3. Donna Hole, who used to be a rock groupie and followed the band Poison around on tour.
4. Claire, who has twenty-four pet kangaroos. And one Koala that she trained to attack strangers.
5. Talli Roland, who is highly allergic to toothpaste, so she brushes her teeth with lemon juice and then chews on mint leaves.



This came from Susan Fields. Isn't it gorgeous? Like Susan and her blog. And, really, can't all of us stuggling writers use the reminder of the silver lining?!


I want to pass it along to Anne - I know she has it, but she deserves another. Also for Erin Kuhns, Natalie at The Sound of Rain and Propinquity.


Thanks to each one of you. It's always great to cruise by someone's place and see my name under an award (You like me. You really like me.) They truly mean a lot :)

Comments

Anne Gallagher said…
So you knew about Donna Hole too huh? Congratulations on all your awards, they are very well deserved. And thanks for the toss-back. Every cloud has one.
Christi Goddard said…
"3. I know a lot about cars. A. Lot. More than I ever thought I would, or wanted to, really."

I do, too. That's because if something can go wrong with a car, it usually happens to mine. I lost count of how many cars (aka lemons) I've owned.
Talli Roland said…
Ah! YAY! Thanks so much! I love awards! And yes, I do so love chewing on mint leaves.

Thanks again!
Aven said…
Thanks Tara! I don't know how this awards thing works though.
Lola Sharp said…
Darlin', you can sing my name any time you want. I don't mind. It is a great song, I do like my dress cut down to there (and at least I don't have a 'surprise package' in my pants!). I wont disown you, 'cause you rock too.
Thanks for the shout out. :o)

Congrats on your awards!

Love,
Lola
Natalie Murphy said…
Thank you for the lovely award!!!

=)
Congrats on the awards! A few of those are ones I haven't seen yet. :-)
Elana Johnson said…
Congrats on all your awards. You deserve like a super mom or something too, for having twins. I don't know how a person does that.
DL Hammons said…
It's a blog love explosion!! :)

Congrats to you and your recipients.
Deniz Bevan said…
Thanks Tara!
And Kedi the cat say thank you too :-)
Congrats on all your awards. Very cool facts. :)
Anonymous said…
Awww...Tara, congrats on all the awards. You certainly deserve them!

Thanks very much for passing one on to me--I feel all warm and glowy inside! I've got two now that I need to pass on!

I really enjoy your blog...so glad I found it.
Shelley Sly said…
Congrats on your awards! You ARE interesting, by the way!
Unknown said…
Congrats on all your fab awards, Tara! And OMG, you have twins?? I wanted twins so badly that I was actually sad both times the sonograms showed just one baby (*blush*)!
Portia said…
Congrats! Twins? I'm a little jealous. Twins run in my family, and I hoped we'd have a set. No such luck!
Jai Joshi said…
Congratulations on your awards, Tara! That's great and I enjoyed your little bits of info about yourself.

I wasn't a fan of Florida much either. NC, on the other hand, is fabulous!

Jai
Anonymous said…
THANK YOU!!!! I just got this. I am going to post it and answer the questions, be prepared!! MUAHAHAHA..
25BAR said…
Congrats on winning all these awards. Have you published any books?
Iva Messy said…
WOW WOW WOW!!! Congratulations on ALL your award!!!
Tara said…
25Bar - Nope, haven't been published, but hoping to be, one day. Thanks for visiting :)

Iva - Thanks for the congrats and visiting :)
Hannah said…
woo-hoo!! Congratulations on all your awards. I do love the soulmate award.