Drive

EDIT: Kristi at Random Acts of Writing has a great critique opportunity going on today. She had people submit any two paragraphs from their WiP. She has them posted anonymously for critique/general comments. I'm sure that the authors would be ever grateful for any input. Yes, mine is there, and yes again, anyone who follows my blog regularaly will be able to easily guess which is mine ;)

I hadn't planned on a post today, but something happened to change my mind.

I appreciate each and every comment I get on my blog; I love having my regulars who I feel a sense of friendship with, even though we have never--probably will never--met. So when I came in and saw a new comment on a days old post - someone just dropping in for no other reason than to say : "Hey, what's up girl?" it reminded me that there are genuine people in the world. Sometimes perfect strangers for all intents and purposes.

Things have only gotten more hectic this week. Weirder, really. Bad--no more sad--in some ways, unbelievably incredible in others. I will probably be taking a short trip with possibly no internet connection starting in the next day or two and won't return till mid-week. I have two scheduled posts for the weekend blogfests, but that's it. So if nobody hears from me in their comments, that's why. I haven't abandoned anyone ;)

Lola, thanks for stopping by just to say hi, chickadee. It made me smile. And, just cause you mentioned it, here's something else that makes me smile. Appropriate metaphorically for my life right now, and literally with the upcoming car trip :)

edited to fix link
I didn't think I'd actually get the official video to post...I like this version, too, though he's a little flat.

Comments

Talli Roland said…
Hope your trip goes well! Thinking of you from across the pond...
Have a safe trip! "See" ya when you get back. :-)
Enjoy the trip - we'll be here when you return.
Stay safe and well. I hope the trip goes well. :)
Anonymous said…
Hurry back. Stay safe. :)
MTeacress said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
MTeacress said…
Isn't it funny how we make friends with people we've never seen? It's like this centuries version of the pen pal. :)
Have a great trip!! And I love Incu us!
Sierra Godfrey said…
Have a safe trip (I'm sorry you won't have internet connection because that sounds quite scary).
Tara said…
Thanks gals. Things are leaning toward hubby making the trip alone at this point. It's been pushed to Monday and I don't want to take the kids out of school (and, um, yeah I can't stand the idea of no internet for a few days, lol).
Tara said…
Oops - Alex, I'm sorry. Thanks guy(s), too!!
Shelley Sly said…
Hey, I'm sorry things have been hectic for you, but I'm glad that you have a wonderful cast of regular blog friends who make you smile. I feel the same way about my core group of bloggers. Even if we never meet in real life, it's always so great to give and receive encouragement.

Hope you have a nice weekend, Tara!
Lola Sharp said…
Awww. (hugs)
I'm sorry things are getting more hectic, and weird. (now I think I am the one losing my marbles and this is really my post...I'm still dealing with Shock and Awe. Weirder and sad, is exactly right. Word.) Whether you are going out of town or just your husband, safe travels to the journeyer. (is journeyer a word? I think it is. looks weird.)

It isn't Friday without Tara's Incubus vid-love.

Nothin' but love,
Lola
Jai Joshi said…
Have a great trip and be safe.

Jai