Music, Sweet Music



I am unplugged and out of town. This is a repost. I have a blogfest scheduled for Saturday, but this one and that are all anyone will hear from me until Monday. Have a great weekend everyone.

I've blabbed on before about music, but I'm in the mood again. I love it. And sometimes, it's the absolute simplicity of a lyric that makes it sheer genius. Remember the line I quoted from Steven Stills?

Nobody's right, if everybody's wrong.

Simple. Genius. Of course, it doesn't have to be a great song to have a genius lyric. Case and point:

You make me come.

You make me complete.

You make me completely miserable.
--Lit (while relationship is not what I take away from the song in its entirety, those lines sure make great relationship read)

Sometimes it is a great song:

Remember when you procrastinate you choose last. -- Incubus (rare to find anything simple in their lyrics!)




>>>>




~ * ~ * ! * ~ * ~ !




Oh sorry, lost me for a minute. I was picturing Brandon in a silly hat.


Ahem. Lyrics. Simple. Genius. Right. Is it hot in here?

A band full of gems:

Life's a journey, not a destination.
-- Aerosmith

Why yes, yes I could go on forever.

Here's an excellent question; I know many a girl who should have pondered this one at one time or another (Who me? Why do ask...):

You say he's a liar and he put out your fire

How come you still got his gun in your hand?
-- Eagles

Maybe the best relationship advice of all time:

Sometimes to keep it together, we got to leave it alone. -- Eagles (I could pull a line from almost all of their songs!)

Here's a man who doesn't lie:

I don't want you to be true

I just wanna make love to you
-- Muddy Waters

Is there any other way to end this other than the most simplyrific awesomest genius lyrics ever?

Imagine all the people, living for today

Imagine all the people, living life in peace

Imagine all the people, sharing all the world
-- John Lennon

Comments

Music is awesome.
Enjoy your blogfest.
JE said…
Have a good out-of-town visit!

~JD
Elizabeth Poole said…
Great post! I love music. Here are some awesome lyrics:


"The face and ghost my guide
I must move on
It's the face of one ravaged by love
It's both dead and alive."
~Live "The Face and Ghost"
Katie said…
Oh how I love music. Good repost, and I like your blog! :)
Hannah said…
oh how I love music and how there are so many different types for my electic tastes. I don't know what I would do without it...sing a lot probably. ;)
Natalie said…
I love song lyrics that make me think. One of my favorites (Death Cab for Cutie): "If there's no one beside you when your soul embarks, Then I'll follow you into the dark."
Stina said…
Have a great trip!
Lola Sharp said…
Hey love,
You know I feel ya. Music indeed makes the world go round.

Hope you guys are having fun. :o) (I'm jealous)

Love,
Lola