Life's a Beach



So, my last post had me whining about my hate of the beach. Sticky, sandy, sweaty. It's still all of the above. I did forget about one of its perks, however:


Surfer yum. About 10 of them this morning.

Well, So. Florida is still hot (but so is almost everywhere else right about now). Boca is still full of girls who were designed and sculpted to fit their bikinis instead of the other way around, and 97 year olds still can't drive. I've already almost been side-swiped twice.

But, the kids are having a blast. They've had ice cream everyday - what's not blastful about that?!

My internet connection is worse than I thought, so it's unlikely you'll see me more than once a week - at most. I removed the word ver. a few weeks ago and have been getting a spam a day. From the same place and on the same post (from over a month ago). Really annoying. If it gets worse I'll have to put the word ver. back.

For those of you who emailed about the Bad Boy Blogfest: I thought I scheduled a post for it. Apparently not, and since the laptop doesn't have that WiP uploaded, I can't post it now. But, all those great notes about missing a snip from me really made my day :)

I'm off to friend my new friends. If you don't see me on your list drop a comment in my current post and I'll follow your link from there.

Happy summering. Stay cool :)

Comments

Summer Frey said…
Surfers! Woo! Feel free to take any sneaky pics. ;-)

Sorry your 'net connections sucks. Maybe it'll get better...
Yeah, I prefer the natural beauties to the ones who required alterations.
DL Hammons said…
Sufer Yum?! *shakes head*

I'm glad your family is enjoying itself. Make sure to put on that sun-screen!!
DL Hammons said…
Sufer Yum?! *shakes head*

I'm glad your family is enjoying itself. Make sure to put on that sun-screen!!
Anne Gallagher said…
We don't have surfing (so much) but we do have the beach in RI and I'll be heading there next week. Can't wait. Have fun in Boca! Miss you muchly.
Erica Mitchell said…
I miss surfing soooo bad. Hope your having a great time in Boca despite the heat. It's been blazing hot lately. And yeah...surfers are yum ;)
Aubrie said…
The water in NH is freezing, it makes my toes numb! But I do like going to the beaches in Floria!
Lola Sharp said…
Mmmm, Lola LOVES Surfer Yum!

The family is calling for me to get off the computer...

Hope you're having fun.

Love,
Lola
Jennifer Shirk said…
My daughter had her first surf lesson today! Hubby picked it up a few years ago. Now I'm thinking about lessons too!
Jai Joshi said…
I hate the beach too! This is amazing, I thought I was the only person in the world who didn't like it. For me it's the fishy smell that kills is. And the sand that gets everywhere.

The only place I like the beach is the northern west coast where it's more rugged and wild and not so flat as Florida or southern California. I'm not too into surfer dudes either, although I can see why you are.

Jai