A Fun July X

First things first: I'm really missing everyone around here!

I know it seems like I haven't been to your blogs - but I have, I promise. The place I'm staying is a detached apartment [off a house] and all the walls make it hard for the connection to keep steady. I can't tell you how many times I've written out a comment, only to go offline when I hit post. Very frustrating. I think I commented on 15 blogs the other day, and 3 went through. It took over an hour :(

This months exercise at the Comupuserve forum was not only fun, but it gave me a much needed push in the writing arena. Woot. I have done no writing since I've been in FL - until this. (I have only an ancient laptop here and it takes a while for the cursor to catch up to my writing sometimes - only to prove that half of the letters I typed were missed.) This scene jumped out at me and I wrote it down zip-a-dee-do-da - well as zip as this dinosaur would allow. Grr. Anyway, I thought I'd share.

This is about 8 years into Kasia and Jake's marriage - and written solely for the exercise.

Instructions for the X: Character A enters room with Y(object). Character B will stop at nothing to get what A has. End scene at B winning, with devastating consequences for A.

*snip removed by blog owner*

Comments

Jai Joshi said…
I know exactly how you feel about the commenting on others blogs. I'm relying on cyber cafes at the moment and when I'm in the middle of commenting the system will crash or something else will happen. It's so frustrating!

Jai
Summer Frey said…
I miss you too, Tara! How much longer are you in exi--I mean, Florida??

Awesome scene! I love it.
Sarah Ahiers said…
don't worry. It's summer and i think we're all missing some blogs that we normally hit. I know i am
Erica Mitchell said…
Thats so weird, but I think Blogger has gone wonky today people aren't getting comments the usual way etc. Hopefully it will let you follow soon!
Great scene btw :)
Tara said…
Jai - Yours is a blog I've tried to comment on numerous times! I'm there - I promise!

Summer - I've got 6 more weeks. 6! It's not as bad as I thought - so far. Just busy, and the whole net thing is grating on my nerves more than the kids constantly nipping at my heels to go somewhere.

Falen - I've noticed quite a few of the blogs I've been to are on a long hiatus.

Erica - Am I still not showing on the list? I'm sure it's my net issues since I've tried over numerous days/weeks now. Don't worry, I'll keep trying, eventually I'll get it I hope!
Nothing worse than spotty internet connection!
Eric W. Trant said…
Tara, I always COPY my comment before I hit that Publish or Submit button. I picked up that habit a long, long time ago. Every email, post, comment, it's all COPIED before I submit.

Just in case.

Great scene, especially considering the vomitous way in which it was written.


- Eric
dolorah said…
That was exciting Tara. One comment - too many pronouns (he instead of character names) made it difficult to know who was saying what.

But I liked the confrontation. Very intense; vivid. I think I bit my knuckles when he hit the door.

Very good job on the exercise.

Good luck with your internet problems. Blogger is also having issues, so maybe its not all your connection issues.

........dhole
Slamdunk said…
I could learn quite a bit from reading how you describe things--I tend to miss the mark in that regard.

Blogger probs have been frustrating here as well.
Lola Sharp said…
Good job, love.

I miss you.

Love,
Lola
Tara said…
Alex - I agree!

Eric - I do the copy thing, too (usually). It's just my connection that disappears...

Thanks Donna. I tend to do that with pronouns on my FD, then add in names on my edits.

SD - That's a huge compliment for me. I'll take it, lol.

Lola - Miss you too, Chickie.