Hey. It's Me.



I'm still alive.

Will I ever get to
To where it is that I am going?

For about 9 weeks it felt like I would not. But I arrived home in time to send my kids back to school. Ahh.

I take a look around
It's evident the scene has changed.

Unfortunately, my computer is what changed. Dead as a door nail (what is a doornail, and is it one or two words?). DOA. Luckily, after a scare, I found out my hard drive was alive and I recovered lots of good stuff. Mostly to do with writing - folks BACK your sh!t up. Often.

And, yes, it seems I'm going nowhere
Really fuckin' fast, nowhere fast

I had to make do with the laptop from somewhere around the Paleozoic Era. The same lovely thing I had to accompany me on my trip. After a few weeks of 2-3 minute page-load times, I had given up the blog, so starting it up again was not an option until I had something I could work with.

If the wind blew me in the right direction, yeah
Would I even care? I would, I would, I would

Alas, after piecing together my leftovers with two other towers friends gave me, I have something usable. Phew.

I guess it's possible
That I have been a bit distracted

Sure, that has been part of the absence, too. For most of the summer ROULETTE suffered greatly. However, in the past month, I have edited 5 Really Important Chapters. Go me. I have two more to go. Then I have decided the beginning needs to be revised in a big way. A big Stake Raising way. It's okay. Better to realize it now, than after I'd sent it out, right?

I will do my best to put some focus here, but it's likely I will be around only once or twice a week. I missed my bloggy friends, though! Oh, and grr. I had to turn my word ver back on due to the ridiculous amount of spam coming to my mailbox. Sorry!

Did anyone else have a major writing drought over the _seriously hot_ summer?

Lyrics: Brandon Boyd, Incubus - Nowhere Fast (C'mon did you all really think I'd make my comeback Incubusless? Pshaw.

Comments

L. Diane Wolfe said…
Paleozoic Era? That's an old laptop. And yes, too much going on with family and such this summer. I've written nothing...
I did well with writing this summer, all things considered. A little slow now, but that's all right. Need to promote my upcoming book!
Lola Sharp said…
I'm glad you're back and full of Incubus. :)

I'm also glad you got your writing mojo back! And that you pieced together a working computer.

I hadn't time to write anything in MONTHS...no time to even look at my WiP, until last week. I finally had to MAKE time for my WiP, for my writing. The kid went back to school and I unplugged.

And...I ripped it to pieces. Now I'm just starting to rebuild it.

Welcome back, love. ♡
Stina said…
I was hit by a virus last year. Everything was lost.

At least it would have been if I hadn't backed up the majority of stuff. I lost my photos from the summer, and some unimportant stuff, but that was about it. Phew! I bought a new computer and ignored my husband about instead an antiviral software package. There was no way that was happening to me again.

I haven't had a writer's drought yet. I'm taking the week off from writing (unusual for me)to do some stuff, then it's time to start my first draft of my new wip. Eek!
Will Burke said…
WELCOME BACK! Sorry about your computer, but glad your book's going well.
Anne Gallagher said…
Hey, you're back! Missed you. And yes, I had a serious writing drought, the freaking weather, God I miss the beach.

Yay, the kids are in school, mine too, maybe now we can schedule a lunch or something.
Slamdunk said…
Welcome back. Our computer died last year--frustrating to say the least.
Tara said…
It appears it's the motherboard that went on the computer. I had backed up all my photos before I left, and I also *thought* I put all my writing in a safe place - well, it was not all the files cause some were hidden. Well, they are ALL backed up now, you can be sure ;)

Anne - we def. need to find a place and do coffee or brunch, or something!

Stina - good luck on the new wip!

Alex - brag, brag, brag, haha. Hey, if I can help in promoting in any way, let me know. I love to help fellow writers in any way I can :)

It's from 2000, Diane - it may be older than paleo era in computer years ;)

Will - Thanks, it's nice to be back. Even if on limited time.

Lola - Hurry girl ;)
Summer Ross said…
LOL, not I- I seemed to have puked up ideas for writing through out the summer. LOL
Jai Joshi said…
My laptop just refused to boot up a couple of week ago so I'm in the same boat as you. I have to come to the library to do my work because I can't afford to pay for laptop repairs right now.

Glad to see you back though!

Jai
pc fix said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hi Tara,

Welcome back, it sure sounds like you have a lot on your plate, but your anxiety is now brushing off onto me, as I've done much, much less haha. Good luck with the editing process, primarily with keeping motivated!

Warm regards
Val
Tara said…
Summer - Good for you; I wish I had!

Jai - Argh. I hate technology, or rather, our dependence on it. Hope you can get something worked out with your laptop.

Thanks, Val - that motivation is hard to come by, for sure.
DL Hammons said…
Welcome back!!!! I couldn't even imagine being in the situation you were in (connectivity-wise). But your back now and we're all smiles!! :)
Jeff Beesler said…
I've been stuck in revision land. The only time I get to write anymore is if I'm writing anything by hand. Otherwise, it's all revise, revise, revise.

Thanks for following my blog, by the way!
Tara said…
Thanks, DL :)

Welcome, Jeffrey. Urk. Revision Land is not my favorite destination, but I'm there right now, too.
Eric W. Trant said…
Summer drought, yes.

But it's over.

At least, I hope it's over...

To borrow your quote: Go me!

- Eric