Agoraphobia



This is the inspiration song for a NaNo scene from this week (or maybe last, can't remember).

Love this youtube guy - he (she?) strips the songs down to the vocals with some software or another, and this is a really great one.

*Warning* - unedited NaNoWriMo snip to follow video.




"Put down your hollow tips
And kiss your lover's lips
And know that fate is what we make of it

Please end this
Please end this
Before this ends us
Ends us, ends us." - Incubus

Sweet Sorrow

“How long do I have?”

Such a simple question might have only broken my heart. Instead, the implication shattered it. I wanted to tell him forever, but that’s not what he wanted to hear.

“Two hours. I have to be there before dawn.”

He lowered himself to me, breath to breath, so close. But before his mouth gave in to my need he moved away, edging the length of himself down my body, so slow. At my hip his tongue ran circles around the protruding bone there. His eyes met mine, fiery.

“I’ll use an hour of it touching, tasting every part of you.” He moved lower still, fingers trailing behind his mouth. “Taking notes in my paperless journal to always remember.”

I bit my cheeks, sucked in a sharp breath. He wasn’t going to let me off easy, even if he never said the words.

“The arch of your instep.” His thumb massaged down that arch, over each toe, between them, around the ankle bone, until he repeated it on the other foot, taking his time. “The curve of you calves.” He ran his nails up them, fingers digging in even as his mouth was so gentle. He tickled the backs of my knees and his mouth brushed my inner thigh. “The sweetness only I’ve ever known.”

“Oh God.” I wanted to reassure him that only he ever would, but didn’t dare open my mouth. No amount of cheek biting could stop the tears from filling my eyes. They rushed down the sides of my face, into my ears. I sniffled at the same time I moaned.

Comments

Linda G. said…
*fans self* Oh, great snippet!
Old Kitty said…
Ooh - wow. A very erotic sensual read, thank you! Take care
x
Sarah Ahiers said…
man i love incubus. I'll have to check out the video later on my laptop
Tara said…
It's worth it, Sarah :)

Thanks, Kitty.

Linda - The real fan-worthy stuff starts in the next line ;)
Lisa Gail Green said…
I love it when I find a song that feels so related to my book! Nice.
Tara said…
Lisa - almost every major scene I write comes from a song :)
Jai Joshi said…
Such a powerful and bried look at this relationship. I want to ask so many questions about what's wrong between, why does he only have two hours, why is she crying, why is he anxious to remember the feel and taste of her, what's going to tear them apart.

Great writing, Tara!

Jai
PK HREZO said…
Whew! It's gettin' hot in here! *flustered grin*

Love it! ANd thanks for the contest tip! :)
That's cool you have a song that fits. I do that as well.
Denise Covey said…
Tara, *swoon* your extract rocks! If the rest of you book is like this you'll have editors beating a path to your door. Love the words to the clip..:)
TL said…
Aussie- Wow, thank you very much.

Alex - I'm lost without lyrics to write to.

You're welcome, PK.
TL said…
Jai - So glad it captured you enough to wonder all of that!
Dorraine said…
Nice to meet you, Tara!

You've got a real bonfire over here. Somebody call the fire department! Magic..
dolorah said…
Awesome; hot, sensual, so emotionally gripping. Yeah, I'm intrigued to know everything about this couple.

thanks for the incubus fix. I never know how much I miss their music until I come here - then I spend too much time listening on U-tube (lol).

......dhole
Susan Fields said…
Wow - quite a snippet! Thanks for sharing. :)
Fan me now baby, this Ozark Farm is blushin' all under and then some!!!
Now pardon me while somebody hoses me down! Heeehehehhee!

God bless and enjoy this Thanksgiving week sweetie!!!
TL said…
Ha, Dorraine. We both had fire issues ;)

Donna - glad it intrigued you. Incubus vids are a great time burner!
TL said…
Nezzy - I'm guessing it wasn't intentional, but Pardon Me is an Incubus song as well. One of my faves. My ringtone, too ;)