Better Late than Never....right?

I promised Talli Roland that I would give her and her debut novel, THE HATING GAME, props on a Monday post, but my weekend was anything but good. And my week started off with me feeling something like this.



Then the week got even better. Can you see my tongue in my cheek (get your minds out of the gutter boys)? A nice little bug wormed its way into my tummy. Always a good way to drop a few quick pounds, but admittedly not the most fun way. Wait, starving is the other option isn't it? Hmm. *pondering* Okay, maybe it is just as non-fun both ways. Doesn't matter all that much. I'll never be a size 3 again (yanno, when a 3 was actually a 3 - not a 6). Has anyone else noticed that? Do the clothing makers really think women are that stupid? The fact that supermodels are marketed as such to attract attention aside, I mean...

And speaking of supermodels, if they are in a *now* size 0, does that make them a negative 4?

I think I'll stop while I'm ahead. Or...yeah. Talli.

Talli never asked me to put her link on my sidebar a few months back, nor did she ask me to post about her awesomeness, and her even more awesomer new book. I'm doing it because from the minute I read about THE HATING GAME, almost a year ago now, I loved the idea of it. It's a fun, fresh premise and I can't wait to sink my eyes into it. Just knowing how cool Talli's blog is every day, lets me know her book will be well worth the read. And, I really like Talli.




Go and get THE HATING GAME by Talli Roland.

Comments

She'll still appreciate it!
And don't worry about the size three. Curves are sexier!
DL Hammons said…
Been there...bought that! Loved it!! :)
Tara said…
Alex, I always managed to be curvy no matter the size. Made it beyond difficult to buy clothes when the hips were a 5 and the waist was a 2. Don't worry, you're not supposed to understand what I said ;)

You've finished, DL? I can't wait, but I don't have a Kindle (or whatever), and don't plan to. I read strictly the old fashioned way. So I'll be waiting (not so patiently) until the book comes out in paperback...
Janet Johnson said…
Very cool of you to still support her now. Talli did awesome!
Summer Frey said…
Oh, I feel ya! I feel ya! On the hips are 5, waist is 2. And butt is 7.

I got it on the download day and read it the next. So good! You'll like it. :)
Talli is totally made of awesome!
Tara said…
Summer - maybe "are" for you, but "were" was me ;) "And butt is 7" Ah the good old days. Ha!
Tara said…
Welcome, Janet. Talli deserves it :)
Tara said…
Thanks for stopping by, Samantha. Nice to meet you :)
Angelina Rain said…
I bought Talli’s book too but still haven’t had time to read it. It seems like every so far has loved it tough.
Stina said…
That sizing thing is annoying, especially when not everyone follows it. You're a size 6 in one brand and 10 in another. Not great if you don't realize this and think you've gained 20 lbs since you last shopped. ;)
Tara said…
Haha, Stina. Ain't that the truth!

Hi Angelina. Lots of great stuff going around about Talli's book. Yea! for her :)
Linda G. said…
Aww, sorry you were sick. Definitely NOT the way to lose a few pounds. :(

I've heard good things about Talli's book -- must put it in my TBR pile.
Lola Sharp said…
If I don't get me a stomach bug stat, I'm going to hit double digits. *sigh*

Yeah. So, January looks good for dieting and getting back to that darn treadmill.

Talli will appreciate this. :)

Happy weekend, love.
TL said…
LOL, Lola. It's Jan. for me, too. Blech.
Len Lambert said…
Hi Tara! I will posting an interview with Talli this weekend!!!! The Hating Game is awesome, I totally agree. Talli is, too! :) And she'll be happy that you posted about it. :) Thanks for following. I'm following your beautiful blog now, too. Have a nice weekend! :)
Tara said…
Hi Len. Nice to meet you :)
Tara said…
Chris - Step down! Step down! (Although yours is not quite a direct quote ;p) Thanks for stopping by. I'm heading over to check out your place.
Jai Joshi said…
Talli's great and I wish her the very best with this book launch.

I find the continously lowering of fashion size numbers to be disturbing. Size 0 is awful and healthy. I've put on a few pounds recently but I'm much happier being a size 8 or 10 than a 0. At least I get to eat what I want and not starve in the name of some fool fashion editors sense of beauty.

Jai
Jennifer Shirk said…
Talli's book is on my TBB list!
Jon Paul said…
Hope you get to feeling better! And yeah, Talli is the bomb.
TL said…
Thank, JP - feeling much better now :)

Jai - Hear! Hear! I know you meant unhealthy. And I agree.
Deniz Bevan said…
I loved The Hating Game! Can't for the next book :-)
Denise Covey said…
Lovely of you to support Talli Tara. I haven't read her book yet, I'm still reading Alex Js..:)
Tara said…
Alex is first up on my TBR list, L'Aussie :)

Good to know, Deniz! Thanks.
Deniz Bevan said…
Can't wait, is what I meant to write of course :-)
Talli Roland said…
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to make it over here to say thanks -- THANKS! I really appreciate all your help and support, and your kind words. :) Everyone has been so wonderful I can hardly believe it!

I'm sorry you've been ill...