Eye Candy

Sure, I know what you're all thinking. Trust me - so am I. But Brandon is not the subject of my Eye Candy Blogfest, hosted by Rambles & Randomness.

We are to post a photo that makes us happy, or smile. Something like that. So here goes.

Long story short. I have 5 friends who are like sisters to me. We all have twins, which is how we met (really long story!), but certainly not why we feel like we've always been best friends. Our kids are all within 15 months of each other - mine being the oldest set, and they were between 16 mths & 2 1/2 when we all met. We used to get together often for playdates (close to once a week), but with everyone in school and extra-curicular activities and such, it's been sparse in the past couple years.

However, we keep our big tradition. Christmas, NYE, Valentine's and Easter parties every year. We take turns hosting and bring more food than 50 people could possibly consume in a night, let alone 12 adults and 12 kids!

We rang in the New Year together last night and I realized there's really not much more that makes me happy than being with them.

2005 Christmas Party

*photo removed by Tara

2010 Christmas Party (son in red & white stripes/daughter in solid red in front of him)

*photo removed by Tara

I will say, it's a heck of a lot easier getting them all to look at the camera at the same time these days!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope it's the best you've ever had.

Comments

Linda G. said…
Aww. I can certainly see why those pictures make you happy.

May 2011 be the best year yet for you! :)
L. Diane Wolfe said…
That's a unique story! I don't even know anyone with twins.
Vicki Rocho said…
What fun! That's definitely smile worthy. Thanks for entering & sharing!

Oh, and Happy New Year.
Wow, five friends with twins. That is something to smile about. Happy new year to all of you!
Twins are fascinating. These pictures would certainly bring smiles.
Laura Pierson said…
Very cute pictures. Happy New Year.
A wonderful tradition! Happy New Year to everyone at your house!
Deniz Bevan said…
What a great tradition! Love the photos :-)
Danette said…
Very nice and great that you stay in touch! Happy New Year!
Luna said…
Love this story! Great pics, too.
Happy New Year!
Michael Di Gesu said…
Wonderful family photos!

All the best to you and your family in the coming new year!

Michael
Donea Lee said…
Wow - how awesome is that?!!! :) 5 sets of twins and all friends for so long and holiday traditions together - that's so great! I can see why it makes you happy ~ :) Best to all of you for the New Year!
Amazing you found so many others with twins.
Hi,

Seeing double! Cutey image. ;)

Happy New Year
best
F
Julie Musil said…
I just love the five year difference between the two photos! And I think it's awesome that you have so many friends with twins. I have ten year old twin boys, and they feel like they're the only twins in the world!

Happy new year to you and your family
Jamie Gibbs said…
Happy New Year! They're adorable :)
Old Kitty said…
Yay!! What a great tradition and a brilliant get together!! The two pics are just amazing!!! Awwww lovely!!

Take care
x
Jemi Fraser said…
What a fabulous tradition! What a great looking group of kids as well. I bet there's a lot of noise and a lot of fun every time you're together! :)
Amie Kaufman said…
What a great glimpse inside something that makes you happy, and what a great tradition. Thank you!
Anne Gallagher said…
That's so much fun!

Happy Happy New Year!!! We'll definitely have to make time this year for lunch.
Lola Sharp said…
This post made ME smile. :)

Happy 2011!!

Love,
Lola

(PS- I'm surprised you didn't add a picture of Brandon at the end, ya know, for good measure. ;)
alexia said…
Cute! Happy New Year!
Mary Aalgaard said…
Those are terrific pictures. It is so great to be friends with other mothers of multiples! Enjoy all those playdates and "therapy" sessions.
Dawn Simon said…
What a special group of friends! And the pics are adorable! :)

Happy New Year, Tara!
Tara said…
A huge thanks to everyone on the kind comments! I really didn't think anyone would be around this weekend so I was surprised to see so many :)
vic caswell said…
that's so cool! whatta lotta cuties! and i'm betting that's a bunch of parents with infinite patience!
Golden Eagle said…
These pictures made me smile! I love your blogfest entry.
roh morgon said…
Great photos - they remind me of my stepdaughters when they were little!