The Perfect Drug

I got my head, but my head is unraveling.

My sparkly plot is taking hold. It is demanding that I write faster than I have ever done before.

I come along, but I don't know where you're taking me.

This is a whole new world, and I'm not so brave. I've never seen anything like it, so it's hard to describe (especially when description is a certain [cough] writer's weakness). There are twists, turns, spins, and I feel like I'm standing on my head trying to see down the rabbit hole.


I shouldn't go, but you're wrenching, dragging shaking me.

There are bound to be plot holes in this sucker. Big ones. Large. The scenes are coming so fast in my head, there's no way to get them into Word at this pace. I'm doing my best, but things are falling by the wayside. Surely this will be more difficult to solve than the 1500 piece puzzle my kids and I are working on. Only, I don't have all the pieces yet.

The more I give to you, the more I die.

Okay, okay. Maybe that is a tad dramatic. It's only my wrists dying around here. And my exercise routine. And my pov. Which is usually a certain [cough] writer's strength. See, this one is going on in two different timelines, or maybe different dimensions, or maybe...I dunno. But, there are 2 separate MC's for each thread. Something tells me revisions are going to be a bitch on this baby.

Without you everything just falls apart.

Good thing the honeymoon hasn't ended. And it's a loooong way from The End.


Hello to all my new Crusade buddies. If I haven't followed you back it's because your little picture doesn't link back to you. If you leave a comment (and there's a link), I will find you that way. Lack of following might also be due to the fact that I have no idea how to follow any blogs that don't look like the Vegas Strip with arrows that say: Click here to follow, dummy! Or, they at least have little bars that read: Follow. One or the other. Can't remember.

I misses yous all. But my Shiny New Idea needs me for now.

Lyrics: Trent Reznor, NIN, The Perfect Drug

Comments

Anne Gallagher said…
Go with the flow. Keep writing. Plot holes can be filled in later. Whatever this is, it sounds soooo intriguing!
Claire G said…
Looking forward to seeing this unfold, Tara- and it's lovely to see you so excited :)

Hey, were you excited that Trent Reznor won himself an Academy Award today for Best Score? Amazing :)
Glad you're having a good time with it - just enjoy!
enjoy what you're doing,

Yvonne,
J.L. Campbell said…
Good luck with your project. I know what mean about trying to follow when the links are not easy to navigate.
Summer Frey said…
Glad to hear it's still coming along so well!! Excited about it. :)
Elena Solodow said…
First drafts are always a bit of an adventure in uncertainty. Just keep going!
Stina said…
Love the puzzle analogue. Hope your puzzles are in better shape than ours. Ours always seemed to be missing pieces. ;)

Good luck with your wonderful new project. :D
Angelina Rain said…
I’m glad you’re having fun with your shiny new idea. Keep it up.
Hannah said…
That's such a fantastic place to be!! You go girl!! You come to us when the muse is weak and we'll lift you up but when the muse is strong...KEEP WRITING! :D
Zan Marie said…
Go, Tara, Go! How's that for cheering you on. ; )
Erica Mitchell said…
yay! your link navigation worked to my blog! So we are following each other, done and done.
Congrats on the speedy writing and having a solid foundation to keep going. That's currently happening to me and it's so nice to be excited about writing, despite the wrists (to which I empathize)
I don't mean to laugh but I couldn't help myself.
Take the idea and run -- or at least type as fast as you can.
Best to you!
Angela said…
Shiny new idea, you go!
Robert Guthrie said…
Honor the shiny new idea.
Jai Joshi said…
Keep going with that honeymoon, sounds like you're on a roll.

Jai
Lydia Kang said…
So well said, and you are too cool for using NIN to help you make your points!

Ugh, the plot holes drive me crazy in my WIP. Still trying to spackle them.
Lola Sharp said…
Write, Tara, write! You CAN do this.

(and excellent song. Dude Trent won an oscar last night! I was beyond excited.)
Linda G. said…
Yay for plots taking hold! And don't worry about those holes. You can fill them in during later drafts. :)
Colene Murphy said…
Wow! That is really awesome!
Old Kitty said…
Hang on to your shiny new idea!!!!!! That's most important!! Take care and good luck and have fun! x
Deniz Bevan said…
Go Tara Go! Keep writing! That's all you can do when a new idea takes hold - and yours is a doozie.
dolorah said…
So much better than time to write and no shiny idea. Keep on going as long as the writing is good. And then keep on. So nice to be able to write sometimes.

I go in spurts, but they never last long.

I know you're already one of my followers - I've seen you way down on the list :) - and I'm pretty sure I've been following you. But, I did it again just to be sure. Your site has changed, and somehow you've dropped off my blog radar.

Anyway *waves* good luck with all this writing. Sounds like a lot of fun actually.

........dhole
Kari Marie said…
Keep going and ride that wave as long as possible. It's the best part when the story flows like a river. The excitement alone is like adrenaline in your veins. Enjoy!
Anonymous said…
The stuff you're working on sounds really interesting.
Trisha said…
Ooooh, exciting!!! How much have you written so far?

I just love it when you get that sort of inspiration :D
Yay for Shiny New Ideas!! Super cool blog post :) Love the song and first time seeing the video. Thanks :)
Anonymous said…
It's fun to bask in the shiny new ideas, isn't it? Enjoy! The muse is with you. :-)
TL said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
LTM said…
ooo.... fantastic place to be! You're making me want to be there, too! But I cannot! Alas, must stick to revisions. ONE MS mist be polished so I can support the others~

Great work, and I love how you wrote this post~ <3
Anne-Marie P. said…
Dear Tara,

Ok, I'm late to the party, but I got to tell you: I LOVE YOUR OPENING SCENE!!! Oh my Gosh.
Your blogging is terrific too. Love how you framed it.

I'm so happy you feel it coming. If you can't get to Word, use napkins, use a little notebook, cardboard coasters from restaurants, even the back of your children's puzzle pieces if you have to, but put it down somewhere because you are SO onto something amazing!

Anne-Marie (from Compuserve)
Tara said…
Anne-Marie, what can I say? You are awesome. And you're hired (do you have pom-poms?). [wg] Thanks for the encouragement!

LTM - Oh, I so get that girl!
Tara said…
Thanks everyone for stopping by, and all the encouragement.

And yes!!! I am beyond thrilled for Trent and his finally-recognized genius in form of an Oscar!!!!
roh morgon said…
Thank you for the NIN-fix. NIN is one of my perfect drugs...

Congrats on being grabbed by a shiny - it's sure to be a wild ride, especially venturing into the unknown world of the paranormal.