If Not Now, When

So, remember a couple posts ago when my computer was going all wonky and hated blogs? Yeah, me too. I finally did something that _mostly_ fixed it. Then I blogged again, and commented on blogs again. And computer freaked out. Again. Looks like a total reformat is the only thing that's gonna do it. Which sucks for a lot of reasons, but mostly because friend's hubby keeps putting it off, and now I'm going out of town for a week - then he goes when we get back.

My puter hates Blogger.

Happy news. A long-time friend - met through twin website, then IRL, then reconnected when we coincidentally realized we'd started writing at the same time - was recently published. Aimee Laine is the author of Little White Lies, for sale at Barnes and Noble and All Romance. I've ordered my copy, but not read it. Actually, I can't figure out how to open it on my computer, or get it to my brand new Android Tablet. One day I'll figure it out. Hopefully. *head desk* In the meantime, check out her book - especially if you're into paranormal romance, this one sounds awesome:

When the government needs a body double for a covert operation, they hire shape-shifter Charley Randall. For two centuries, she's played every part from foreign dignitary to office drone. The role she wants most, though, is one she's denied herself three times already. FBI Agent Wyatt Moreland believes Charley's photographic memory is the key to his latest assignment. He's oblivious to the true extent of her abilities, but he can't deny the sense of déjà vu at their introduction. Unlike Wyatt, Charley knows this isn't their first meeting. It's their fourth. The girl he vowed to love, sixteen years before, stands in front of him in her true form — one he'll never recognize. With each reconnection, Charley loves him more though she realizes this is her last chance to explain. Only absolute truth can bring them happiness, but can Wyatt forgive her deceptions? Or will lies tear them apart forever?

Hmm. What else? Summer's here and things are crazy. I feel like a chauffeur. Drive my kids to gymnastics and guitar lessons, the pool and sleepovers. Whew. It's exhausting.

I am excited, excited, excited. Got my tickets to see Incubus in concert this September. Their new album If Not Now, When comes out tomorrow. All is good on the music front.

So what's everyone up to this summer? Big plans. Ready for the kids to go back to school already? Just lounging around the pool on a daily basis? How 'bout writing? My writing suffers horribly through the summer. Anyone doing better that me (which would be more than, um, 5 words a week ;-p )?

Comments

Summer Frey said…
I'm definitely doing worse than you at the writing, though hopefully starting today that's going to change. My best friend, who's been with us for 12 days, is leaving this morning. I'm sad, but also looking forward to having the first time in a month in the new house in which I'm not unpacking stuff, moving, cleaning, or anything.

You know, I could totally reformat your computer for you. It's a fairly simple process. We're actually about to reformat one of our old ones so I can use it exclusively for work. Damn you, distance!

Your friend's book blurb sounds good! I'll have to check it out.

Miss you!
Sophia said…
My writing isn't going well since I'm between projects, but I'm thinking about writing a lot-- that counts, right? It doesn't feel very summery in the UK right now so no big plans for me, just a lot of a reading.
Angelina Rain said…
Great to hear from you. Sorry your blog has been giving you issues. Blogger has been hard for me too. It used to take forever to comment, and then I couldn't post sometimes. Some comments people left on my blog have disappeared. It works fine now but if it starts to happen again I'll be switching to a wordpress account. I know a few people who use that for blogging and they are a lot happier.

How's your writing going?
Zan Marie said…
Tough luck on the computer! When it rains, it pours.

I'm writing more now than in the spring. I was in nothing-ville for 4 months. My inner editor was blocking everything with jabbing questions on every word. Then I took advantage of a free coaching session from Charlotte Dixon, and I'm clicking again. I wrote 14K for the house party and got back to my WIP in only one day after I got done with the HP. That's astounding. Keep trying, it'll come.
Carol Kilgore said…
I'm plotting. Never done it before. Feels a bit weird, but I'm determined. Enjoy your vacation!
Sorry about the computer issues. What format is the book in right now? Can you move it over to the 'books' file for your tablet and download it when you update your Android? Sorry, if you had an iPad, I could walk you through the process.
I am fed up with blogger, it goes well for a while then all of a sudden commenting is a problem, publishing is a problem then you lose the followers list.When is blogger going to get it's act together?
I enjoyed your post and found it interesting to read.
Yvonne.
I am fed up with blogger, it goes well for a while then all of a sudden commenting is a problem, publishing is a problem then you lose the followers list.When is blogger going to get it's act together?
I enjoyed your post and found it interesting to read.
Yvonne.
Aimee Laine said…
Awe, you plugged me! Wheeeeeee! Thank you! :) :)

Good luck with the computer. This is semi-sorta why I went Mac 6 years ago. My now-6-year-old Mac is still plugging along. ;)

If you were reading on the Kindle *I* could help you get it on there. Darn technology. LOL

As for writing, this summer, I've just finished book 8 and am writing book 9 and prepping book 10 for Nano. :) No rest for the writing-weary. ;)

Thanks again lady! You're awesome! And we should do lunch or the zoo or something!! :)
Shelley Sly said…
It's good to hear from you, but I'm sorry about your computer problems. :(

It's normal to go through periods of time where writing suffers. I'm going through that right now too. I wrote two books this past spring and now I need some cool off time.

Your friend's book sounds awesome, by the way!
Slamdunk said…
Congrats to your friend, and I can relate to the summer chauffeur gig--it is not stop here as well.
Old Kitty said…
A thousand and one boos to Blogger! LOL!!

Yay for your friend - Aimee - congratulations to her!

Enjoy your summer too!!! Take care
x
Lola Sharp said…
Well, I think you know I can be of no help to you with your computer/reader issues. I'm useless and far less tech savvy than you. But I'm sorry for your frustration, my friend.

Congrats to your friend's publication. :)

Yay for Incubus's new album! It's SO GOOD.

I haven't written since the retreat I went on (and that was only a few K) but the kid leaves for 9 days to the shore starting this Sat. and I plan on spending all 9 days holed up, offline, writing feverishly!

MISS YOU!!!

Huggles,
Lola
Brent Wescott said…
Thanks for visiting my site.

And Blogger is having fun with everyone. Not just you.

I hope everything goes well with your writing. I make it about 50 words a week, so I'm up on you. :)

Building Castles on the Beach
Deniz Bevan said…
Blogger was acting up again comments-wise the other day. Grr... And my glasses broke yesterday! Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to having a proper beta- and maybe agent-ready draft, and a long vacation in August!

Thanks for the book review!
Misha Gerrick said…
That sounds like a great read. My writing is a bit slow now, because I'm in revisions. Decided to take time off to read, though.

:-)
Mary Aalgaard said…
Sorry about your 'puter-blogger problems. I think blogger has been full of glitches lately. I've been having a great summer with my kids. Writing is limited, but when school starts, we're all back to business.
Anonymous said…
I've started working on a novel revision course and am hoping to get one of my Nano manuscripts ready for querying!

If you get a chance, check out a fellow writer's zombie story and help me make him wear an embarrassing shirt next year! Details are here:
http://kelworthfiles.wordpress.com/2011/07/19/prove-the-zombies-wrong-social-platforms-can-build-readership/
Stephanie Faris said…
Hmmmm...sounds like the problem is definitely software related. Have you downloaded IE 8 yet? If you go to Microsoft Updates and just run the updates it would automatically put it on your PC. I'd do that before reformatting, which can be a huge pain!
My puter hates blogger too. I just tried to follow another blog, and when I did, Norton thought my computer was being attacked! Have no idea what that was about. And my comment function stopped working, so I had to change how comments were left at my blog. Good luck with your blogger issues.
Stina said…
Wow, that book does sound good.

I feel your pain about getting it onto your device. I had the same problem when I ordered my first book for my KOBO. You see, there weren't any instructions on how to do it. And I thought I had to do it through the receipt that was sent to me. All that did was put it in a file on my computer, but not on my device. It was only by accident that I figured it out. Now it's easy. I use my iPod, and KOBO and Kindle books just magically appear on it after I buy them. Yep. Magic. :D
Kelly Polark said…
I hate when Blogger messes with my day. :)
Congrats to your friend on her book release!
And have a blast at Incubus! I was hoping to see them this year, but can't when they are around my area. I am, however, seeing Chevelle and Bush tomorrow night.
Jemi Fraser said…
Summer is always full of crazy fun - hope you're enjoying it. For me, as a teaher, I get more writing done in the summer! :)
Talli Roland said…
Congrats to Aimee!

Yeah,Blogger's been really bad lately. The summer has been wet wet wet in London. Typical!
I'm totally kicking your heiney at nearly 10 words per week!
Summer is summer. Hard to argue with that logic! LOL!