Quickie

No, not that kind. Though, those can be pretty fun, too. (That's for Linda Grimes - I'm being whimsical, maybe true to my voice. ;-)  )

Just stopping in from a busy week to say hi. I had a lot of fun doing the first challenge for the Platform-Building Campaign. Had even more fun reading them - which I'm still getting around and doing. What, with almost 400!! I certainly won't be able to comment on all, but I'm doing what I can. If anyone missed it and would like to read them, go here. There sure are a lot of fantastically amazing writer's out there. Hat's of to all of you.

(the girl in the black hat, the girl in the black hat...) Yeah, that's right, an Incubus reference. Shocking, I know. The song, Switchblade, was not one my favorites off the new album at first, but boy is it quickly making its way up my charts! (I'm betting Brandon has a helluva switchblade...oh, wait, that was just me trying to please Linda again. I swear.) If you check out the video I linked, make sure to watch after about 4:15 - very funny when they banter and play around. I love Ben Kenney - unbelievably talented! Okay, I could gush all day. And there's a reason for it.

I'm going to their concert Friday. Yep me. In the pit (which probably means I've completely lost my mind!). Got my new Droid so I can get some good video. Can't wait. Cant. freaking. wait.

So, since we're talking about music today, I have a question for you all. Is there one artist whom you will never turn off if *any* of their songs come on the radio - you just like them all? They don't have to be your favorite artist, but just all their songs work for you. I know I have one. And, surprise!, it's not who you're all thinking right now (there's one song by Incubus I will change - only one). If you wanna know whose songs always catch my attention, click here.

Comments

Linda G. said…
Hey, there's a lot to be said for "that" kind of quickie, too. ;)

I love everything CCR (Creedance Clearwater Revival, for you youngsters) ever did. I will never turn off any of their songs.
mshatch said…
I'll probably go with the Beatles, or maybe Coldplay, or Wilco, or... :)
Meredith said…
Hmmm. I usually can't change the station when Ingrid Michaelson comes on (if she ever does). Or George Strait. I'm a Texas girl, after all. :)
Cheryl said…
Enjoy your concert! My 'never turn off' artist would have to be Queen. I love Freddie Mercury's voice and can listen to their songs for hours, repetitively.

I've given you a Versatile Blogger award. You can check it out on my blog: http://offwithefairies.blogspot.com
julie fedderson said…
I'm jealous! Take lots of pictures. The video is excellent, such a voice that boy has.
Carol Kilgore said…
Ratz. Forgot to say have a rocking time at the concert. Fingers working faster than brain.
Have a great time at the concert! I never turn off Dream Theater or Rush. Or In Flames. All right, I guess there are a bout a dozen bands I like that much!
Luanne G. Smith said…
I'm a total U2 and Sting fan. I'd never switch the station on them.
Old Kitty said…
Erm... Abba? :-)

Have a fabulous fab time at the concert!! And I love your new avatar!!! *Waves*!

Take care
x
Lola Sharp said…
Glad you finally picked out your phone, silly woman. ;)
And, I KNOW you are going to have a blast at the concert. (blow Brandon a kiss for me)

Well, you know how much I too love Incubus, but, there are a few songs by them I will turn of. I won't turn off any song by Depeche Mode. (I have xm sat. radio in my car and in our home...so they actually come on fairly often.)

(I love old TP & the HBs too.)

Love you,
me
M Pax said…
Elvis Costello. I've told my husband I would leave him just to sit at Elvis' feet while he played the piano and sang the phone book. lol

I also love Muse.

Have fun at the concert!
roh morgon said…
NIN, of course.

But there are a few of theirs I would turn off - if the radio ever had the nerve to play them!

My other absolute favorite?

Tool

They actually occupied my #1 spot for a long time until they got bumped by NIN a few years ago (yeah, I'm a late-comer to NIN).

As for Incubus? Got tix for October 7!

Have fun...
Portia said…
OK, this is hilarious--as you know, this song's been running through my head the past day or so. DH calls it an ear worm. I think we're sharing brain waves right now :-)
Hannah said…
Hmmm...I'll never turn on NKOTB or 'Nsync. I love singing along too much!
Carla White said…
Ooh I love Tom Petty - that's a good one! I think I'd have to say I would never turn off anything from The Eagles.
Kristina Fugate said…
Oh, jeez. I could go on forever about music. Sadly, not many of the bands I like show up on the radio, sooo...Lol! I'm a huge Ludo fan--I can listen to all their albums without ever skipping a song.

By the way, I passed the Versatile Blogger award on to you! Info is here: http://kaykays-corner.blogspot.com/2011/09/im-versatile.html
Sarah Ahiers said…
well incubus would actually be high on my list. Otherwise Fair to Midland. I LURVE them.
Deniz Bevan said…
Hmm, quite a few actually. Guns n Roses, Stone Roses, The Divine Comedy, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Crowded House...
Anonymous said…
I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award. I love reading your blog so wanted to share it with others.

http://dawnall.wordpress.com/2011/09/16/im-a-versatile-blogger-award-nominee/
Jacqui said…
I can't believe you're even close to reading all 400. I'm only on, oh, 200ish. Lots of good writers out there.
Anonymous said…
I can never turn off anything of Abney Park's. But then again that's not a problem with the radio because they only show up on Pandora and the like.
Ronald L. Smith said…
Does Bach count?

Not too big on popular music these days, but I do like some stuff...

David Bowie maybe.