The Truth About Faking

Hi guys! I'm back again. Wow, twice in 2 weeks. My goal is to post every Tuesday. I had one all set up for today (and two others set for other dates) with clever words and snarky asides, but blogger decided it was angry at me for my too-long sabbatical and deleted all three posts. Actually, so much has changed, I'll admit there's a teeny-tiny chance it could have been user-error. Maybe.

Without anymore blah, blah, blah... I will redo today's post, although the wit and cleverness (both of which were likely a figment of my imagination in the first place) will be absent since I am now sick and going on 5 hours of sleep between the last two nights. Also, I may or may not be hopped up on DayQuil.

I was perusing Twitter not long ago and saw a book rec by Leigh Talbert Moore. I'm sure most of you know & trust her, as do I. I thought I'd buy it, and ended up reading her blurb and buying hers instead. I don't read too much YA, but it sounded great, & it was.

The Truth About Faking (TTAF) is fun, light and heartwarming, and a romance. *raises hand* Me, me, me!.

I even wrote a review on Amazon:


The Truth About Faking gave me what I love best in a book - great, believable characters and sparkling dialogue. The cherry was the fantastic story.
The fake dating was fun, and flirty with the blossoming attraction between Harley and Jason, who were both independent and strongly written characters that meshed well. The secondary characters were just as great.
I'm a huge HEA gal, and my favorite part of this story was all the HEAs. Nobody ends up getting walked on, tossed out or crushed. Harley is so likable for her consideration. Better yet, it all played out with nothing feeling contrived or forced.



You can find the book at Amazon, B&N, Smashwords & Kobo.

You can find Leigh at her blog, That's Write, Facebook & Goodreads.


Comments

LTM said…
Tara! You are too sweet--thank you! Now I'm wondering which book I recommended to you... LOL! But THANKS for buying mine and it makes me so happy that you liked it. I hope everyone does! :D ((hugs)) <3
Unknown said…
Ugh! The Blogger gremlins can be infuriating!

I love it when I found a good book by chance.
That book has been all over lately!
Janet Johnson said…
Yay for Leigh! And great review! :D

And yeah, I may have met some of those blogger gremlins too. ;)
Kelly Polark said…
I really loved TTAF!

Feel better soon!
Old Kitty said…
Boo to blogger but yay for such a terrific review for the beautiful LTM and her wonderful book!!! Yay!! Take care
x
Deniz Bevan said…
Aww, hope you feel better soon, Tara! I've got a cough that won't go away...
Sounds like a neat story, but darn! I can't keep adding to my TBR pile...
Tara said…
You are very welcome, LTM. My pleasure - especially the read. I meant to ask you what book it was, too - I've forgotten and I still want to get it, lol!

Tara said…
E.J. - It's like finding buried treasure. :)

Alex - there's a reason for that!

Janet - Those gremlins love blogs.

Kelly - thank you!!

Kitty - not sure about a terrific review, but the book sure was!

Deniz - I hate to say it, but this one is all you - YA, sweet love. I think you're pile is about to grow. ;)
Angela said…
This is a really great book. I enjoyed reading it. Because on one hand it has a light feel to it, but on the other it tackles some pretty serious subject matter without feeling preaching.
Jai Joshi said…
Thanks for the review, Tara, but I'm sorry to hear you're sick. This will sound crazy but try coconut oil. Really. It's anti-viral. Make a smoothie with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and it'll help a lot to get rid of the icky cold.

Blogger has screwed with one of my posts too so I totally relate! It didn't delete it, it just turned all the prose into meaningless code. It's heartbreaking.

Jai
Tara said…
Angela, those were my exact thoughts on it. She managed to get some big issues in there without feeling like they were being forced.

Jai, I have had another person tout coconut oil lately, too. I have got to try some!
ben268 said…
Sounds like the book would be interesting.