Yeah, but what's it About?

Recently I've noticed a lot of books on amazon seem to be missing something. Like a blurb. I'm sure there are some people who judge a book by its cover. Not I. Maybe some people see great reviews, high rankings, or a snazzy title and snatch the read. Not I.

I want to know what the book is actually about before I plunk down some change for it--no matter the cost. Even freebies, 'cause time is money. (Okay, that was just my drama queen peeking out to say hi. But still, I don't want to waste my time.)

And I know blurbs are soul-sucking. I get that. But I want to know what I'm buying. Give me something to go on. Please?

Comments

I haven't seen any without a blurb, but I wouldn't buy one without it either.
Old Kitty said…
Books without blurbs is like ice without cream!

Take care
x
Sarah Meral said…
I wouldn´t buy a book without a blurb either.
Even if sometimes, for example when I get books as a gift or win them, I don´t read the blurbs on the back to be surprised, I wouldn´t pay for a book wihout knowing what´s it about.
Zan Marie said…
No blurb, no buy with me, too. I must have a clue before I plunk down my spare money.
Unknown said…
I'm like you. I have to have a blurb, or I won't bother. Unless it's written by someone amazing, like Diana Gabaldon. :)
Deniz Bevan said…
Not only that, but one of the first things I look for is whether it's part of a series or not. Blurbs clue you in on a lot of stuff :-)
Deniz Bevan said…
Not to mention, yes they're super hard to write, but they certainly give a clue to the author's style.
Tara said…
Well I'm glad you all agree. I just can't imagine buying a book without a clue to its story!