It's Really Real



I wanted to drop by with some exciting (to me!) news. A while back I talked a little bit about possibly self-publishing a novella I'd written. I finally have it all edited and decided I'll be going for it. It'll be a while--lots of stuff to conquer before it happens (fear, first and foremost!). I'm shooting for January 1st. Which is exciting in itself.

The big deal for me right now, though, is that I have a cover for it. A pretty, sexy, shiny cover--for something I wrote. It's crazy. That makes it very real, and surreal, and nerve wracking. All at once.

The cover designer did an amazing job! I'll be sharing at some point. December maybe? I'm still figuring out how things work. Which is why I've been stalking hanging around Susan Kaye Quinn's unbelievably fabulous blog and memorizing every word she writes. If you are thinking of self-publishing I can't say enough good things about her advice. Not to mention the amount of time she puts into selflessly sharing her wisdom.

Just wanted to drop in and say hi and share the news. I have a few more things to share about writerly friends and their new releases, but they deserve their own space so I'll get to them in future posts.

xoxo

Comments

Old Kitty said…
Hi Tara! Welcome back to blogland!! And what fabulous news!! Wishing you all the best with your great writerly adventure! Take care
x
Zan Marie said…
I remember that fabulous, amazing feeling of seeing the cover all bright and shiny new! And the good news is that it's that way with *every* cover. You'll see, Tara, you'll see. ;-)
Deniz Bevan said…
Yes, Susan is wonderful help!
Can't wait for all the hoopla surrounding your release!
Meredith said…
That's so awesome! Congratulations! Can't wait to see the cover!
S.P. Bowers said…
Congrats and good luck!

Spesh
Congratulations on your upcoming book!
Mary Aalgaard said…
Congratulations! I hope it all works out well, no glitches, and you get lots a lots of readers.
Anne Gallagher said…
Hey, good for you! Glad to see you're out and about again. Can't wait to read what you've written.