Book Release Day

Wow, it's really and truly here. My book is being released on Amazon today. I feel rather sick to my stomach. But very excited.

Writing Hands-on Therapy was a different writing experience for me. I set out to write this story with specific intention for the first time ever, and the first draft took 10 days. Really, that was it. The whole process turned out quicker than normal. My CP's and betas were amazing and I revised the necessities as the crits came in. My uber-talented editor, Julie Klein (who will probably have comma-flashback nightmares from reading--and seeing--this post), had it back to me in a flash, and as much as I despise the full editing process, I hopped right to it and finished in a matter of days.

Then I sat on it for over a year. Nerves I tell ya! Meanwhile, I finished a full novel and have three others in progress. I sort of hit a writer-block wall late last year and decided I needed to put writing aside and focus on getting the novella into the world. So that's what I did, and here we are.

Release Day. Phew.

Hands-on Therapy is an erotic romance novella, about 32,000 words. I'm proud of the little sucker. The writing, the story. I do wish I could have given the male MC a bigger storyline because he is a beautifully complex character with a deep background that has brought him to where he is at the start of this story. Alas, this was Marie's story and giving his side would have created large spoilers.

Okay, I've rambled. See above: nerves.

I only hope those of you out there who enjoy erotic romances will enjoy reading this, too. :)





Comments

Old Kitty said…
OH wow!! HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wow!!! That's all I can say for now! WOW!!! and YAY!!

Take care
x
S.P. Bowers said…
Congrats on the release!
stu said…
Congratulations. The book sounds like fun.
Kelly Polark said…
That's awesome, Tara! Congrats!

When I was reading your post, you wrote, " I do wish I could have given the male MC a bigger.." I was wondering where you were going to go with that! But it was storyline! Ha ha! :)
Congratulations, Tara!!! Don't be sick - get excited.
TL said…
Kitty, thanks for dropping by!

Thank you, Spesh. :)
TL said…
Stu, I'm pretty sure my MC had fun in this one at least. Thanks!
TL said…
Kelly, seriously!--my keyboard almost didn't make it through the coffee expulsion! Thank you, girl!

Alex, the nerves have calmed somewhat--thanks to a wildly unexpected outpouring of support around the 'net--and some excitement has kicked in.
Unknown said…
Major congrats! So proud of you, and happy for you! :)
TL said…
Thank you, Lara!
Deniz Bevan said…
CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONFETTI! CHAMPAGNE!

Hmm, editor, eh? I'm thinking I could use one...
Patsy said…
Congratulations. Good luck with it.
Zan Marie said…
Woooo Hoooo! Go, Tara, Go!
Anonymous said…
Congratulations on your release! Many happy sales to you!
TL said…
Wish I could sip the champagne with you, Deniz! Thanks for everything.
TL said…
Thank you Patsy and Zan Marie!
TL said…
Liz, it's so great to "see" you again. Thanks bunches. :)
Unknown said…
Congrats on your book release! It's an exciting day for you! Good luck on all your other projects, too. :)
TL said…
Thanks for stopping by, Lexa! It has been an exciting couple days, for sure. :)
Jemi Fraser said…
Woohoo!!! I can totally understand the nerves but it will be great! Good for you - go enjoy a good happy dance or 2 :)
Carol Kilgore said…
Congrats!
Hope you had a great release day.
TL said…
Jemi, now that I've sold some copies, I feel like maybe I could do a few happy dances. ;)
TL said…
Thank you, Carol. I really did!
Major congrats!! And if you ever want to run a feature on my blog, let me know! I'd be happy to host you :)
Christine Rains said…
Congratulations! Good luck with your book. :)
Kyra Lennon said…
Congratulations on your release! I love the book cover!
TL said…
Thank you, Christine!

Kyra,, thanks so much!
Congrats! How exciting. Thanks for sharing part of your story about self-publishing. I can't wait to hear more! Sounds like you have several other projects we'll hear about in the future! Christy
TL said…
Thanks for stopping by, Chris!

Thank you, Christy. I hope to have more info on my other projects soon. :)
DEZMOND said…
Congrats on the big event! Loved the cover of it!
TL said…
Thanks much, Dezz! It's great to see you here. :)
Congrats!! I'm so happy for you!
TL said…
Thank you, Lynda!
Congratulations. An interesting post that I enjoyed reading.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.
Liz Blocker said…
SO EXCITING! Congratulations! Hopping over to Amazon now to check it out...
TL said…
Thank you, Andrew.

Liz, exciting and nerve-wracking ;) Thanks so much!
SK Anthony said…
oooh Congratulations! What a hot cover o_0

Best of luck ;)