Sex, Publishing, and Contests

I’ve been away from the blog for a long time. That doesn’t mean I haven’t been writing. There have been multiple stories floating around Word, which are now in various stages of completion, a couple even finished. Okay, as finished as it gets for an author, considering every time I open an MS it gets fiddled with. There is always a stronger verb, or a funnier one-liner, or tension to be added, or words to be slashed, or a way to make that kiss steamier, or… (If there is a help line for this affliction I’d love the number. <cough>)


Meanwhile, a friend shared a blog that's hosting a sex-scene contest and has encouraged me to join. I thought it might be a good way to wade back in. Then I figured, heck, why not plunge head first, right? So I will be entering a scene from the next in line for publishing. Then I will publish that story. I’m excited. And nervous. But it will be fun. 

The contest is being hosted by Scorching Book Reviews and there's plenty of room to wade, dive, plunge, whatever you're preferred method. I'd love to see my fellow writers join. And lots of sexy snips to read is never a bad thing. 

Comments

Good luck.
I suspect that for a writer letting their manuscript go is as hard as it is for a parent to let their child go.
I am neither, and am awed at the work involved.
TL said…
Thank you, EC. It's nice to "see" you again. :-)
Zan Marie said…
Ooh! I want you to enter, write more, and publish more. I love your words, Tara.
Deniz Bevan said…
Very excited to hear about the upcoming publication!