Romance It Is

I've blogged about reading many genres, but my fallback is always romance. I'll read just about any subgenre of it, romantic suspense probably being my favorite. Heck, once in a while I'll even read mediocre writing or poorly plotted romances so long as the characters are good and have great chemistry.*

For me, it's all about the escape from reality. I get enough--way, way too much lately--pain and suffering just watching the news these days. Or reading my FB and Twitter feeds. Sometimes I want nothing more than some happy, happy, joy, joy. So as long as it's mostly light reading and I get my HEA, it's all good.

My Kindle is running low. Anyone have any good recs in the romance department? Pimp your book, or your friend's, or your favorite author's, or...

*This happens when I'm out of books on the Kindle and it's late and I just run through the Zon's freebie list and start downloading. I end up deleting quite a few after a couple pages, but I have found some really fantastic reads this way, too.

Comments

Do you like science fiction romances? My friend Susan Gourley/Kelley has a whole series of those.
Patsy said…
I totally understand about the escape from reality. Sometimes it's nice to just relax and know the story we're reading will cheer us up. I don't think that's about denying what's really going on, or trying to hide from the truth – more about us gathering the strength to cope with the less pleasant aspects of reality.

p.s. I write romances and have a new one coming out this week!
I hope you find what you are looking for. We all need 'escape and/or comfort' reads at the moment.
Natalie Aguirre said…
Sorry not to be able to help you. I read more mysteries and fantasies. I like romance but not for t to be the whole plot.
Jemi Fraser said…
I'm a huge romance fan! Just finished Legs by Kelly Siskind &The Surprise Wedding by Jean Oram & Nova by Rebecca Yarros -all very different and all really good! For rom susp, I really enjoy Cate Beauman's series
Carol Kilgore said…
My friend, Jennifer Shirk, writes great feel-good romances. And I write a blend of mystery-suspense-romance. The love story is always there, but they're heavier on the mystery-suspense.

Barbara Freethy has sales on her books pretty often - romantic suspense. The same with Melinda Leigh.
TL said…
Thanks for the recs, guys! I've checked them out and gotten quite a few. :-)
Deniz Bevan said…
Commenting just so I don't miss more recommendations!