I'm Back Sort Of

Thanks to all who commented in the previous post wishing me a good vacation. We had an amazing one, especially in NYC. So much so, that we cancelled our plans to head in Philadelphia so we could extend our time there.


We stayed with my aunt and uncle in the area of PA where I'm originally from. Straight off the turnpike I knew I was home.














And the evening view at my aunt and uncle's was as stunning as always.
















I am from a tiny town right next to Valley Forge. I can't even tell you how many times I've been to and through the park. But, we still stop every time we go up there. And my kids still love walking around and looking at all the monuments as much as ever.













Washington's HQ






But then someone forgot to tell Mother Nature it was spring and we woke the next morning to this view.

 Luckily, that mess was gone by the end of the day (mostly). The next morning we were off to The Big Apple.

The views from the docks behind our hotel were gorgeous.


The Empire State Building is still tall.



 The 9/11 memorial was more emotional than I'd thought it would be this long after.

And Lady Liberty is still standing.

Sadly, the Easter Island Head did not ask us for gum.


Like I said, tons of fun all around. Since we skipped Philly, I think we may head back this summer sometime, when there will be no chance of snow (then again, the way this year has gone...).

Today, the lovely and gracious Carol Kilgore is hosting me on her blog, Under The Tiki Hut. I'd love for you to swing by and say hello.









Comments

Sounds like you had a terrific time! And glad to hear that the Empire State Building is still tall!
Natalie Aguirre said…
Glad you had such a great vacation. I'm a little scared of how big NYC is but would love to go sometime.
Carol Kilgore said…
What a great vacation! Cool photos, too. We lived in NYC for a while before 9/11. I loved living there - all the energy :)

Thanks for visiting my blog today.
Crystal Collier said…
I saw you at Carol's place and thought, goodness, it's been a long time since I dropped by to visit Tara. =) The book sounds great, btw.
Jemi Fraser said…
Awesome pics! We're going to head to NY this fall - can't wait!!!
Mary Kirkland said…
Looks and sounds like you had a really good time. Loved the pictures.
I think you saw it all! Glad the snow didn't hinder you any.
Thank you for taking us along.
It looks delightful - including the snow.
Sounds like an awesome trip! We took our kids to Valley Forge in the early eighties and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's neat that you grew up with it in your "back yard." With us, it was Ft. McHenry.
Patsy said…
I'm glad you had a good trip.
Dawn Simon said…
I love New York! (I know--I'm not the first person to say that. Lol!) So cool about Valley Forge! Wow! I've never been, but it must be amazing to see. Glad you had a great time! :)
Deniz Bevan said…
Aw, now I feel like visiting NYC again!